Planning a class trip?
Are you a teacher or educator, planning a class trip? Programming at the Children’s Safety Village offers the following:
- Hands on learning in a safe and realistic environment
- Available to schools in the Region of Waterloo (grades 1-6), for no cost
- Operate on a first come first serve basis
- All programs are designed for two grade levels to attend at one time; one will visit the fire education center and the other will visit the police education center
- Capacity is 30 students per class (fire/ police programs run simultaneously to allow for a school to fill a bus to capacity and save on transportation costs – schools are responsible for their own transportation)
- Fully accessible to all children including children with special needs
- Grade 1,2,3 and 4 programs are 70 minutes in length (40 minutes of classroom instruction and 30 minutes of hands on application in a safe and realistic environment)
- Grade 5 and 6 programs are 90 minutes in length
- All programs are taught by a uniformed police officer or a uniformed fire and life safety educator
Ready to book your class? Book here.